Tuesday 4 June 2019

Renegade knights WIP images - and how they where made Part 4 Khorne Armiger Warglaives



Hi everybody, it has been a while since I started my mammoth task of creating a heavily converted Renegade Knight army.  So, I thought it was about time I showed my WIP images so you can see how exactly they where created, Welcome back to part 4 Khorne Armiger Warglaives.

One of my favorite models over the years are the Crypt Horrors, I have used these for many converting projects, they where also the inspiration for the Khorne Renegade Knight.  So as a homage to them, I used the backs of the three Crypt Horrors as inspiration for my daemonic possessed Armiger Warglaives.


First I wanted to have all the legs in different posses, so I cut up each set and re-positioned them


I also included daemonic claws on two out of the three sets.


I used cocktail sticks, spru and guitar strings to create the basic frame. 


Then I started to use layers of milliput and green stuff building them up over several days.  I choose green stuff on the back bones as I thought they would be fragile if made from Milliput, green stuff has bend-ability :)


I intend to create the weapons and armour similar to Forge World's Gal Vorbaks.






I still think it was a good idea to give each one a back possession conversion, but, I came to a sticking point, what to do with the Heavy Stubber?  I thought about putting them between the legs, or under the chin or maybe even on a shoulder mount, in the end I decided to attach the Heavy Stubber underneath the main gun



For this Armiger I thought I would make him a little bit different and use a Blood Thirsters' Greater Axe of Khorne












2 comments:

  1. Great stuff! I love this army, very thematic and with some fantastic conversions to fit the theme.

    ReplyDelete