Monday 14 May 2018

GT final at Warhammer fest


Fresh back from Games Workshops GT final, I thought I would through some images together and share my thoughts on the event.  Thanks to Ben for convincing me to go and I'm only sorry Dave and Otty where not there.

I have to be honest I was not expecting to have a great time, as I am not the best gamer in the world and I would be playing against some seriously competitive players.  Also the venue did not interest me either, Warhammer World fills me with a school boy joy every time I go there.  Having said that, I played 5 different armies and each game was fun to play against even though I lost 4 out of 5 and I got tabled 3 times.  My enjoyment mostly was due to my opponents being cool and very friendly, they all played hard and played to win which is to be expected at a tournament final.  So a big shout out to my opponents; 

Game 1 Simon and his Custodes
Game 2 Craig and his Ultra Marines
Game 3 Jo and his Imperial Knights
Game 4 Ash and his Tau
Game 5 Brett and his Astra Militarum 

Each of the players I meet I would be very happy to play against again.  I also have to mention that Craig, Jo (Golden Demon bronze winner) and I where nominated for best painted army so at times during the event our tables looked awesome and I think Warhammer TV missed out, lol :) 







Sorry its out of focus, lovely army though trust me. 



I also entered my Khorne Renegade Knight into Golden Demon which in hindsight was a little foolish as the paint job on it was not Golden Demon level put i thought while I'm here why not but looking at the other enteries it was clear I didn't stand a chance maybe next time I will spend more time painting something just for Golden demon :)

  

Congratulations to Morgan who won the event with his awesome Orks.  I also would like to say a shout out to some old and new friends who I have meet over the years at Warhammer World; Henry I have know idea why your army was not selected your Crimson Fist army was amazing and if anybody took some images please feel free to post on this blog. Mike unlucky bud we really need a new codex for Imperial Knights and Tom keep plugging away at those paints mate :)  


We got there a little early


The main event does not start until Saturday morning


My entrance for best painted army

Well blow me down with a feather I've waited years to win "Best Painted Army" and I only go and do at the GT final, I was truly shocked as there was some amazing armies in the cabinets, I also won Hero of Legend and Icon of Legend.  I think the three months converting and painting my Nurgle Knight paid off.

   

For me my hobby skills has increased due to greater contact with more people and experiences, I am lucky enough to have 4 very good friends who love playing but also they love to convert and paint with ever increasing skills, this pushes us all to up our game and we are all striving to improve our selves as hobby artists.  Once you add hundreds of people who are like minded and want to improve it can only add to our own knowledge base.  My ex tutor once said to me "you can be the best painter in the world but if you never exhibit anything, who will ever know?"   




Cool outfit mate, who's your tailor? 





No comments:

Post a Comment